Study in Canada Scholarships aim to increase opportunities for Canadian post-secondary institutions to welcome international students from a wide range of countries and territories on short-term exchanges for study or research. This will provide institutions the opportunity to strengthen and diversify their international linkages and promote their academic and research excellence in new markets.
The new connections created through the program will diversify and enrich Canada’s education engagement with a diverse range of partners, strengthen bilateral ties, and complement the Government of Canada’s broader international trade diversification efforts.
The Study in Canada Scholarships is a Short-term Exchange Program under Global Affairs Canada’s International Scholarships Program.
To be eligible, you must be:
- ✔ a citizen of an eligible country/territory
- Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan
- Europe: Türkiye, Ukraine
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda
- ✔ a student enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country/territory
- ✔ paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of your exchange
You are not eligible for this scholarship if:
- you hold or have a pending application for Canadian citizenship or permanent residency
- you are already participating in a scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada
- you are already enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate program at a Canadian post-secondary institution